Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010 RC - now available for download
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit is the recommended process and toolset to automate desktop and server deployment. MDT benefits you by providing:
- Unified tools and processes required for desktop and server deployment in a common deployment console and collection of guidance.
- Reduced deployment time, standardised desktop and server images, along with improved security and ongoing configuration management.
MDT 2010 includes new features like flexible driver management, optimised user interface workflow, and access to distribution shares from any location to simplify deployment and make your job easier. Deploy faster and easier with MDT 2010.
Improvements to MDT 2010 RC allow you to:
- Access deployment shares from anywhere on the network and replicate files and settings across organisational boundaries or sites.
- Organise and manage drivers, operating systems, applications, packages and task sequences with an improved UI.
- Automate all UI functionality utilising Windows PowerShell.
MDT supports the deployment of Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 operating systems.
To download the RC bits, head to https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=14.