September TechNet Update event Christchurch: Windows Server 2008 Overview
Later this month, on Thursday 27 September, we will be in Christchurch hosting a (free) TechNet Update event - an overview of Windows Server 2008, and also will be demoing our newest addition to the Windows family, Windows Home Server as well. The session will be on twice on the same day, to accommodate those that prefer a morning update (1030AM) and those that like the afternoons (3PM)
UPDATE: the registration system is now up and running - Please register for the morning session OR afternoon session :)
Presentation is at the Hotel Grand Chancellor, Cashel Street - there will be coffee etc available from 30 minutes beforehand. We will have some cool giveaways for everyone that turns up and prizes for a few lucky attendee's. Hope to see a good turn out from the Cantabrians...
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 is the next generation of the Windows Server operating system. Come along to September's TechNet Update to get an under-the-hood look at Windows Server 2008 with live demos.
Windows Server 2008 provides powerful improvements to the base operating system over Windows Server 2003. Improvements include those to networking, advanced security features, remote application access, centralised server role management, performance and reliability monitoring tools, failover clustering, deployment, and the file system. These improvements and many others help organisations maximize the flexibility, availability, and control of their servers.
At this TechNet Update overview session you will be able to understand how Windows Server 2008 provides:
- Easier and more secure Branch Office management through use of Read Only Domain Controllers (RODC) and technologies such as BitLocker
- Appropriate uses for the new Server Core role and PowerShell to automate common administrative tasks
- Deep virtualisation integration with a Hypervisor-based solution that is part of Windows
- Terminal Services based applications that are seamless to use from the end user's perspective
- More secure network environment through customisable Health Policies and Network Access Protection
- Internet Information Server 7.0 which supports a flexible, text-based configuration system, deep command line support, and a highly modular architecture
TechNet Updates are held in your local area and give you a chance to connect with Microsoft and get in-person, how-to information on planning, deploying, managing, and supporting Microsoft technologies. TechNet Updates are free events that explain how to use Microsoft products and technologies at a technical level. You'll hear directly from Microsoft technology professionals who live with the real-world implementation of our products and technologies every day.