WiE project and source code posted to CodePlex!
I’ve just completed posting the WiE community project to CodePlex. As this is my first CodePlex project I expect that I may have forgotten some steps so please let me know of any issues you experience and I will work to resolve them quickly.
You can find the project at: https://www.codeplex.com/wie
In the coming weeks I will put together some documentation for developers interested in and willing to contribute to the CodePlex project and turn this sample into a full fledged location-based social networking application.
Until then you can refer to previous blog articles for a review of the design and implementation of the current WiE release:
- Part 1: Introduction
- Part 2: The WiE Mobile Client
- Part 3: Implementing the SQL Server Compact Model for Mobile Client
- Part 4: Implementing the SQL Data Services data Model for the Mobile Client
- Part 5: Synchronizing from Compact to SQL Data Services
- Part 6: Visualizing location information using new Virtual Earth ASP.Net Server Control
- Part 7: Using SQL Server 2008 Spatial to implement the rules for Location-base service
- Part 8: Using SSIS to Synchronize between SQL Data Services and SQL Server 2008
Here is a very high level architecture diagram of the components and underlying technologies that make up the current release of WiE.
Have a great holiday and a wonderful new year.