HTML5 Web Camps Coming To US East Coast in August & September 2011
Last month, my teammates Rachel Appel, G. Andrew Duthie, and Chris Bowen hosted HTML5 Web Camp events in New York and Boston. Both events “sold out” almost immediately. (So quickly that I didn’t even get a chance to post the NYC one here before registration was closed!) Due to the popularity of those events, the team is hosting six more HTML5 Web Camps up and down the east coast.
Details courtesy of Chris Bowen…
The Microsoft HTML5 Web Camps are free, full-day events to help you get up to speed with HTML5 and related web standards.
- Farmington, CT – August 2nd – Registration
- Atlanta, GA –August 4th – Registration
- Chevy Chase, MD –August 23rd – Registration
- Malvern, PA – August 25th – Registration
- Tampa, FL – August 30th – Registration
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL – September 1st – Registration
What’s Being Covered?
Over the course of four sessions, we’ll introduce you to the next wave of web standards including HTML5, CSS3, ECMAScript5, SVG, and more:
- Semantic Markup, Audio, Video, Canvas, Geolocation, and more
- Cascading Style Sheets, Level 3 (CSS3)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- ECMAScript5 and scripting techniques
- Internet Explorer 9
- Standards support and testing
- Present and future of web standards
- Internet Explorer 10
- Emerging standards (e.g. WebSockets, IndexedDB, etc.)
- Developer options and tools
- IE9 Developer Tools
- Visual Studio 2010 and Expression Web 4
You will also be shown techniques and frameworks to help you get started today while still offering good experiences for non-modern browsers.
Hope to see you at the Web Camps!