NYC WCF Firestarter Content and Links
Thanks to everyone who attended the WCF Firestarter event in New York City on June 19, 2010! I had a great time helping organize the event and speaking with many of the attendees about the Windows Communication Foundation. There were over 200 folks who made it out to the Fire Starter in NYC that day, as well as an almost equal number that tuned in via our live simulcast! Special thanks goes out to the event’s speakers Miguel Castro and Don Demsak for assembling and delivering most of the day’s content!
The recordings and content from the event are now available!
NYC WCF Firestarter Content
|Session 1||Keynote: Intro to SOA & WCF||Miguel Castro||Video Recording Presentation Slides Code Demo|
|Session 2||Most Common WCF Usage Scenarios||Miguel Castro||Video Recording Presentation Slides Code Demos|
|Session 3||REST Programming with WCF||Peter Laudati||Video Recording Presentation Slides Code Demos|
|Session 4||WCF Made Easy – Data & RIA Services||Don Demsak||Video Recording Presentation Slides (Coming Soon) Code Demos (Coming Soon)|
|Session 5||What’s New With WCF 4.0||Miguel Castro||Video Recording Presentation Slides Code Demos|
NYC WCF Firestarter Speaker Info
WCF Links & Resources Demos
Here are some links to useful information on WCF.
Get Started With WCF NOW!
- What IS the Windows Communication Foundation?
- WCF Developer Center on MSDN
- Beginners Guide To WCF
- WCF Resources & Community on MSDN
Here are the links to the docs for all 3 major releases of WCF. The WCF 4 documentation is the most current, of course. The deltas between these are minor, but good to have if you’re restricted to using an older version in your organization.
- WCF REST Developer Center on MSDN
- Overview of REST in WCF
- WCF REST Starter Kit (most of these features are in WCF 4 & VS2010 with a few exceptions)
- Paste As XML Types in VS 2010 (Dani Diaz shows how you can use this REST Starter Kit feature in VS2010)
- Rob Bagby’s AWESOME Blog Series on WCF REST
- Glenn Block’s Blog (Glenn is now on the WCF REST team!)
WCF RIA Services
- Get Started With WCF RIA Services
- WCF RIA Services on MSDN
- WCF RIA Services Code Gallery
- Silverlight Web Service Team Blog (Using WCF with Silverlight Clients)
WCF Data Services
- WCF Data Services Center on MSDN
- Getting Started with WCF Data Services
- WCF Data Services & oData At-A-Glance
- WCF Data Services Team Blog
- The Endpoint Blog