Get started with BizTalk Server 2013
We recently announced the RTM of BizTalk Server 2013. You can read more about it here.
This release of BizTalk Server contains a whole set of new capabilities, including new adapters, performance improvements, support for latest standards etc. Watch out the BizTalk Server team blog for more updates. I will keep posting some of the interesting features/details of BizTalk, summarize useful information and then link to the team blog for announcements.
One of the easiest ways to get started is to use the Evaluation edition. You can download BizTalk Server 2013 Evaluation edition from Microsoft Download Center. There are a bunch of new features which are worth checking out, including but not limited to
- REST Connectivity
- Service Bus Connectivity
- ESB Toolkit Integration
- Dependency tracking
- New Adapters - SFTP
- Simplified Sharepoint integration
- Dynamic Send Port improvements, etc.
I will blog about some of these interesting features in more detail in the future.
Did you know that we also provided a set of updates to BizTalk Server 2013 already? You can read more about it here. The unique aspect to note here is that these updates are now available via Microsoft Update as well. The following fixes are part of this update
- FIX: User cannot perform certain database-related operations in BizTalk Server 2013
- FIX: BAM tools cannot be configured in a multi-node BizTalk Server 2013 environment
- FIX: The vertical scroll bar on the target schema does not work correctly when you use Visual Studio to design a BizTalk Server 2013 map
More details about the fixes are available here.
With BizTalk Server 2013, we have also moved from a processor based model to a per-core licensing model. You can learn more about it here.
Lets get started with BizTalk!