Research positions on Modeling and Analyzing Software Adaptation, University of Koblenz
The department of Computer Science, University Koblenz-Landau, Campus Koblenz invites applications for 2 research positions, available initially for 2 years:
* 1 PostDoc
* 1 PhD student
The corresponding funding is part of the state of Rhineland Palatinate's Research Initiative 2008-2011. The successful applicants will work on the research theme of "ADAPT: Modeling and Analyzing Software Adaptation".
The objective of ADAPT is to relate, advance, combine, and challenge adaptation methods and associated methods of modeling and analyzing that are used by the communities of software engineering, programming languages, logic-based modeling, multi-agent systems, formal methods, SOA, web systems, and mobile, autonomous systems. Please consult the ADAPT home page for further details: http://adapt.uni-koblenz.de/
9 research groups from the CS department in Koblenz (from several of its institutes) are associated with the theme. Also, the theme leverages collaboration with international partners at the CWI,Amsterdam, and Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg. The successful applicants will research in the interdisciplinary context of ADAPT, and be actively involved in further building up and refining the research theme. Thus, the positions provide extra opportunities for qualified applicants to distinguish themselves, in addition to the research aspects and the possibility to work on a dissertation and habilitation thesis.
The deadline for applications is 1 September 2008. Email applications are preferred. See the contact section on the ADAPT home page.
* Bernhard Beckert (Formal Methods and AI, Spokesperson)
* Jürgen Ebert (Software Engineering)
* Ulrich Furbach (Artificial Intelligence, Spokesperson)
* Rüdiger Grimm (IT Risk Management)
* Ralf Lämmel (Software Languages, Spokesperson)
* Dietrich Paulus (Active Vision)
* Steffen Staab (IS and Semantic Web)
* Klaus Troitzsch (Empirical Methods, Modeling and Simulation)
* Dieter Zöbel (Real-Time Systems and Mobile Systems Eng.)