Exchange Server–Use ExTRA to take traces for search issues
To diagnose a problem more indepth, we will use the Exchange Troubleshooting Analyzer (from the Toolbox on the Exchange Management Console) :
- Select a task
- Click on trace control
- Click on set manual trace log
- On components to trace, choose Store.
- On trace tags, choose: tagQueryCi , tagQueryCiDump, and tagSearch
- Click on start tracing
- Then check the application log, once you see the event on the application log,
- an MS Support Engineer will then analyze the *.etl resulting file
MS Support will then use an internal debugging tool to decrypt or transform the resulting etl file to a readable format, and analyze it and eventually give you the analyzis results.