Configure IE To Prompt For Credentials For Trusted Sites ~ Windows Fanatics
Internet Explorer can be configured to prompt for credentials when connecting to servers requiring authentication. For example, IE can prompt you for a user name and password when you connect to servers in Trusted sites that require authentication, as opposed to using the credentials you are logged on with.
To configure IE to prompt for credentials for Trusted sites:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click the Trusted sites Web content zone.
- Click the Custom level button.
- From the list of settings, scroll to the end and select the button beside Prompt for user name and password.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options window.