Learning 2.0: A new buzz word
For those interested in new ways of collaborating, you should check out this article:
Here's a snippet:
"A suite of new learning and knowledge management technologies referred to as Learning 2.0 is showing great promise in creating an approach to workforce enablement that is nimble enough to keep up with a rapidly changing business and workplace environment. Learning 2.0 combines innovative approaches and technologies in three areas: Web 2.0 learning, knowledge management and collaboration, and real-time performance support."
The article also highlights the use of the Podcasting Kit for SharePoint as an example of a Learning 2.0 solution. The PKS is a solution to the challenge of ongoing training of employees and corporate communication. PKS is a collaboration tool built on top of SharePoint so if you are using SharePoint, you should consider adding this capability. You can also see how PKS is used internally by Microsoft employees How Microsoft Promotes Internal Employee Podcasting, and also see the awards this solution has received by going here.
Here are some tidbits from the PKS codeplex site:
What Can You Do With Podcasting Kit for SharePoint (PKS)?:
- Listen and watch audio/video podcasts, anywhere on your PC or mobile device (Zune, SmartPhone, or any podcasting device)
- Share content by producing your own audio/video podcasts and publish them on PKS on your own.
- Connect and engage with podcasters via your integrated instant messaging program
- Find the most relevant content using the five star rating system, tag cloud, search engine and provide your feedback via comments.
- Get automatic podcast updates by subscribing to RSS feeds fully compatible with Zune and other podcasting devices
- Simple RSS feed based on a defined podcast series
- Simple RSS feed based on a person
- Dynamic RSS feed based on search results (will be implemented later in 2009)
- Play podcasts in real-time using Microsoft® SilverlightT and progressive playback
- Retrieve instant ROI and metrics with the ability to track the number of podcasts downloaded and/or viewed, instant feedback via rating system and comments, and subscribers via the RSS feed
- Access the richness of SharePoint to extend the solution: workflows, community sub-sites, access rights, editorial and more
- Customize your own PKS User Experience