Office Live Workspace
If you haven’t yet, I recommend checking out the Microsoft Office Live Workspace. It really is a great solution for individual(s) who need to collaborate on documents (that are Microsoft centric). Personally, it feels like a lite version of Windows SharePoint Services (WSS), but more in-line with the Office suite.
Here are some of the cool features that I think make it beneficial for the ‘public’ user:
- It’s Free. (always a plus!)
- You can track projects
- It has document tracking
- You can share specific documents
- You can share notes and tasks
- The office client doesn’t have to be installed
- Up to 5 gigabytes of data
- You can create multiple workspaces to organize documents
- You can work on documents collaboratively at same time using Microsoft SharedView
Something that I would love to see in the future is possible integration with SharePoint. The ability to publish a document from SharePoint to an Office Live Workspace for external collaboration, and likewise then to be able to publish the document back to SharePoint.
Be sure to check it out if you haven’t: http://workspace.officelive.com/