ODBC Driver 17.1 for SQL Server Released
We are pleased to announce an update to the Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server! Version 17.1 brings a couple of added features and several fixed issues.
- Support for
- Azure Active Directory Interactive Authentication Support
This release also contains the following fixed issues:
- Fixed 1-second delay when calling SQLFreeHandle with MARS enabled and connection attribute "Encrypt=yes"
- Fixed an error 22003 crash in SQLGetData when the size of the buffer passed in is smaller then the data being retrieved (Windows)
- Fixed truncated ADAL error messages
- Fixed a rare bug on 32-bit Windows when converting a floating point number to an integer
- Fixed an issue where inserting double into decimal field with Always Encrypted on would no return data truncation error
- Fixed a warning on MacOS installer
- Fixed sending incorrect state to SQL Server during Session Recovery attempt when Connection Resiliency and Connection Pooling both are enabled, causing session to be dropped by the Server
For Windows installations, you can download version 17.1 of the Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server here.
Linux and macOS packages are also available. For installation details see the online instructions.
We are committed to improving quality and bringing more feature support for connecting to SQL Server, Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL DW through regular driver releases. We invite you to explore the latest the Microsoft Data Platform has to offer via a trial of Microsoft Azure SQL Database or by evaluating Microsoft SQL Server.