Microsoft Drivers 4.2.0 Previews for PHP for SQL Server Released!
We are excited to announce the technical preview for SQLSRV and PDO_SQLSRV drivers. The drivers now support Debian Jessie. In addition, starting with this release, we support sql_variant type with limitations.
Notable items about 4.2.0-preview release:
- Added support for sql_variant data type with limitation (issue #51 and issue #127)
- Support drivers on Debian Jessie (tested on Debian 8.7)
- Increased Test Coverage to 75%
- Bug fixes after running static analysis
- No support for inout / output params when using sql_variant type
- User defined data types
- When pooling is enabled in Linux or MAC
- unixODBC <= 2.3.4 (Linux and MAC) might not return proper diagnostics information, such as error messages, warnings and informative messages
- due to this unixODBC bug, fetch large data (such as xml, binary) as streams as a workaround. See the examples here
Let us know how we are doing and how you use our driver by taking our pulse survey: https://www.surveybuilder.com/s/neQnb
Getting Drivers for PHP5 and older runtimes
You can download the Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server for PHP 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6 from the download center: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20098. Version 3.0 supports PHP 5.4, version 3.1 supports PHP 5.4 and PHP 5.5 and version 3.2 supports PHP 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6.
|PHP Driver||Version Supported|
|v3.2||PHP 5.6, 5.5, 5.4|
|v3.1||PHP 5.5, 5.4|
Meet Bhagdev (firstname.lastname@example.org)