Release Candidate for Microsoft Drivers 5.2.0 for PHP for SQL Server Released!
We are excited to announce a release candidate for SQLSRV and PDO_SQLSRV drivers. The driver now supports basic CRUD functionalities with the Always Encrypted feature.
Notable items about 5.2.0-RC:
- Added support for Ubuntu 17 (requires ODBC 17 preview)
- Added support for Debian 9 (requires ODBC 17 preview)
- Issue [#555] - Hebrew strings truncation (requires ODBC 17 preview)
- Issue [#615] - Added error handling when fetching varchar(max) as a stream with Always Encrypted
- Adjusted precisions for numeric/decimal inputs with Always Encrypted
- Fixed bugs when binding parameters with Always Encrypted
- Fixed warnings as per Prefast code analysis
- In Linux and macOS, setlocale() only takes effect if it is invoked before the first connection. The subsequent locale setting will not work
- Always Encrypted functionalities are only supported using MSODBC 17 preview
- ODBC binaries for macOS available upon request
- MSODBC 17 preview msodbcsql.msi only works for Windows10
- Always Encrypted limitations
- When using sqlsrv_query with Always Encrypted feature, SQL type has to be specified for each input (see here)
- No support for inout / output params when using sql_variant type
- Does not support non-UTF8 locales in Linux and macOS with Always Encrypted
- Connection pooling on Linux doesn't work properly if the user uses the MSODBC17 preview
- When pooling is enabled in Linux or MAC
- unixODBC <= 2.3.4 (Linux and MAC) might not return proper diagnostics information, such as error messages, warnings and informative messages
- due to this unixODBC bug, fetch large data (such as xml, binary) as streams as a workaround. See the examples here
Let us know how we are doing and how you use our driver by taking our pulse survey: https://aka.ms/mssqlphpsurvey
Direct downloads can be found on the Github release tag.
Getting Drivers for PHP5 and older runtimes
You can download the Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server for old versions of PHP (5.4, 5.5 and 5.6) from the download center: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20098. Version 3.0 supports PHP 5.4, version 3.1 supports PHP 5.4 and PHP 5.5 and version 3.2 supports PHP 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6.
|PHP Driver||Version Supported|
|v3.2||PHP 5.6, 5.5, 5.4|
|v3.1||PHP 5.5, 5.4|