Announcing SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 4
The SQL Server team is excited to bring you the last service pack release for SQL Server 2012. SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 4 (SP4) in addition to a rollup of released hotfixes contains 20+ improvements centered around performance, scalability and diagnostics based on the feedback from customers and SQL community. These improvements enable SQL Server 2012 to perform faster and scale out of the box on modern hardware design. It also showcases the SQL Product Team's commitment to provide continued value into in-market releases.
SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 4 will include
- All fixes and CUs for SQL 2012 up to and including SQL Server 2012 SP3 CU9.
- Scalability and performance improvements for SQL Server.
- Additional monitoring capabilities through enhancements in DMV, Extended Events and Query Plans
- New improvements based on connect feedback items filed by the SQL Community.
- Some of the Improvements originally introduced in SQL 2014 SP2 and SQL Server 2016 SP1.
SQL Server 2012 SP4 will be released
next month in September early October 2017 and a release announcement with detailed information on improvements will be shared at the time of the release.
Update (10/5/2017): SQL Server 2012 SP4 is now available. Please see SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 4 (SP4) Released!. Thanks.