Cumulative Update #6 for SQL Server 2017 RTM
The 6th cumulative update release for SQL Server 2017 RTM is now available for download at the Microsoft Downloads site. Please note that registration is no longer required to download Cumulative updates.
To learn more about the release or servicing model, please visit:
- CU6 KB Article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4101464
Starting with SQL Server 2017, we are adopting a new modern servicing model. Please refer to our blog for more details on Modern Servicing Model for SQL Server
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2017 RTM Latest Cumulative Update: https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=56128
- Update Center for Microsoft SQL Server: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/sqlserver/ff803383.aspx
NOTE: All distributions (including RHEL 7.4) that use the latest available pacemaker package 1.1.18-11.el7 has a known issue that affects failover workflow. If primary replica experiences an outage, the cluster is expected to failover to one of the available secondary replicas. Instead, users will notice that the cluster keeps trying to start the failed primary replica. If that primary never comes online (due to a permanent outage) the cluster never fails over to another available secondary replica.
- This issue affects all SQL Server versions, irrespective of the Cumulative Update version they are on.
- To mitigate the issue, user must revert back to Pacemaker version 1.1.16.