SQL Server Data Tools Update for May 2015
The SQL Server Data Tools team is pleased to announce an update for SSDT is now available. This update adds support to SSDT for Full Text Search in Azure SQL DB.
Get it here:
SQL Server Data Tools: https://msdn.microsoft.com/data/hh297027.
- In VS2012 the update will also available using the SQL -> Check For Updates menu option later today. The version number for the VS2012 update is 11.0.50512.0.
- In VS2013 the update will also be made available in the Extensions and Updates dialog within the next week. The version number for the VS2012 update is 12.0.50512.0.
- We are not currently releasing updates for VS2015, but regular updates to SSDT are included in VS2015 RC and CTP2. You can get the latest Visual Studio 2015 update here.
Data-Tier Application Framework (DACFX): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46898
What’s New ?
Support for Full Text Search has been added in Azure SQL Database v12 and fixes for customer-reported issues.
Bug fixes to customer-reported issues
This release includes fixes for the following issues:
- Resource strings for Portuguese were incorrectly displayed in English
- CDC enabled database will have problem when importing and publishing in SQL Data Tools and DacFx
- Attempting to drop a column from a temporary table results in unresolved reference
- Changing an index is not allowed when it is being used for foreign key constraint enforcement
- An InvalidOperationException was thrown when using the View Data editor
- Startup performance in Visual Studio 2013 and 2015 has been improved by delay loading SSDT packages and services.