The World of Connected Devices
On day two of the Microsoft Management Summit, Brad Anderson, corporate vice president of the Management and Security Division, took the stage again to discuss the world of connected devices. Anderson highlighted how Microsoft’s latest enterprise client management solutions (Windows Intune and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager) can help customers address the consumerization of IT. A replay of his keynote is available here.
News highlights include:
- Anderson shared an early look at some of the new features in the next release of Windows Intune, our cloud-based management solution that provides tools, reports and upgrade licenses to the latest version of Windows to help keep an organization’s PCs up-to-date and secure from virtually anywhere. Learn more on the Windows for your Business blog.
- Available now for evaluation and purchase, System Center 2012 Configuration Manager andSystem Center 2012 Endpoint Protectionhelp ITempower people to be more productive from almost anywhere on almost any device, offering unified management infrastructure for greater efficiency.
Additional news from MMS 2012:
- Windows Embedded Device Manager 2012 is anticipated to be available in the first quarter of 2013. The software will extend the capabilities of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 to enterprises managing a range of devices built on the Windows Embedded platform, including thin client, point of service (POS), and digital signage devices. Through this single management solution, IT professionals can manage the most common devices found in their environments in a manner similar to PCs and servers, including deploying systems updates, security patches and enabling write filters.
- Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track Partners deliver solutions with System Center 2012:
- Cisco FlexPod: Cisco and NetApp announced that the FlexPod shared infrastructure, built on Windows Server 2008 R2 and System Center 2012, is the first data center solution to be validated for the updated Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track 2.0.
- Fujitsu announced enhanced solutions for the Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track program. Read the full press release for more information.
For more information on MMS 2012 news, please visit the Microsoft News Center. The conversation on Twitter can be followed at #MMS2012.