Gareth has been posting a lot about T4 over the past few months. In case you missed it, here’s a roundup of all his posts, in chronological order. Lots there to get your teeth into.
- Fun use of T4 to generate strongly-typed web navigation
- More general-purpose T4 goodness
- Hanselman gives T4 some love
- Another collection of T4 resources
- Using extension methods in T4 templates
- DSL 2010 Feature Dives- T4 Preprocessing - Part One - Rationale
- DSL 2010 Feature Dives- T4 Preprocessing - Part Two - Basic Design
- T4 Interview in Redmond Developer News
- T4 Adoption continues with ASP.Net MVC Tools
- More on T4 in ASP.Net MVC
- Clarius take T4 editing to the next level
You can now try out the VS2010 features mentioned above with the release of VS2010 Beta1, VS2010 SDK Beta1, and VS2010 DSL SDK Beta1: see Dsl Tools for Visual Studio 2010.
I’ll also add one more link:
As you can see, T4 is getting popular!
And for VS2010 there’s more to come on top of the features that Gareth describes. Not available in Beta1, but in Beta2 we’ll be providing support for accessing models in T4 via the modelbus. This will enable text templates to access models created with the new UML designers in Visual Studio and more enterprise-scale orchestration of code generation.