EntLib Contrib September 2007 Release
In keeping with the p&p team's tradition of naming a release after the month that's just finished, the September 2007 release of EntLib Contrib is now available! EntLib Contrib is the community-driven open source project for extensions to the patterns & practices Enterprise Library. There are some fantastic new extensions in this release that should provide something for almost all Enterprise Library users. Here's the quick list of everything in this release; for more detailed documentation follow the link above.
- Data Access Application Block extensions
- MySql, SqLite and SqlEx providers
- Exception Handling Application Block extensions
- SqlException Wrap Handler (yes, the one I described earlier)
- Logging Application Block extensions
- Policy Injection Application Block extensions
- New matching rules: And, Or and Not
- New call handlers: CursorCallHandler, OneWayCallHandler, SynchronizedCallHandler, ThreadSafeCallHandler, TransactionScopeCallHandler
- Validation Application Block extensions
- New validators: CollectionCountValidator, TypeValidator<T>, ObjectValidator<T>, EnumDefinedValidator
- Designtime enhancements: Lightweight type picker, Test command
- Other extensions: Default validators, Argument Validation, ExternallyConfigurableObjectValidator
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release - we really appreciate you spending your precious "free" time to share your work with the community. In particular, thanks to Olaf Conijn (does he ever sleep?) for adding several contributions of his own, keeping the codebase clean, dealing with endless MAX_PATH issues, and generally keeping this project running smoothly!
For those of you who are sitting on the sidelines with your own great extensions or ideas for extensions, please contact me or Olaf to get involved with the project. Even if you don't have any extensions of your own, we're also looking out for people to help with testing and documentation, so feel free to put your hand up for that too.