Windows Phone Update Error codes
These errors will be visible on the device in Settings > Phone update
Incorrect Date / Time (error 80072f8f)
If you receive Windows Update error 80072f8f while checking for updates, your device date and time might not be the same as the date and time for the online Windows Update service.
Check that your device date + time is correct. Sometimes it helps to ‘reset’ automatic date + time settings (off>on).
If you do not have a SIM card make sure that the manual selection is correct for your time-zone!
We are currently unable to check for updates (error 801881D3)
Currently we don’t know how to escape from this error except for restarting device and re-trying online check.
Changing Region may help.
Limited connectivity (error 80072ee2)
This error may be caused by Wi-Fi connection (firewall or otherwise limited connection)
- Try to turn off the Wi-Fi and check for updates via 3G connection. Once updates are available turn the Wi-Fi back on and start the download
This error may also appear if your device Region is set incorrectly
- Make sure that your device Region is set correctly to match the region you are currently in
Insufficient space for update (error 80188308)
Not enough space in system partition to continue the update
- Some system update like Cortana, language packs, OEM feature has taken up system partition space leaving less space to complete a phone update
- Users are blocked until more space is made on the system partition or the update is made extremely tiny to fit the available space
The update could not be downloaded (error 801881d0)
- Package could not be verified because of corrupt file. Very likely that the file download was stopped and started because of connectivity issues.
- User should be able to retry by clicking on check for updates or session will auto expire and do another download in 6.2 days
An update was installed but cannot be opened (error 80188306)
- After taking a backup (see top of this page) please perform a hard reset of the phone (settings>about>reset the phone)
- Set up the phone again, without skipping any steps and update the phone again using a good Wi-Fi connection
Error "The Program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer"
- This error appears when you wish to run a software which require the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012. The redistributable can easily be downloaded from the Microsoft website as x86 or x64 edition. Depending on the software you wish to install you need to install either the 32 bit or the 64 bit version. Please refer to the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679#