See How to Tell Your Story in RIA Design Tool
These 15-minute videos show how you can build interactive animations, manage content and storyboards,
- Microsoft Expression Blend: States Story Behaviors. Learn to use states and behaviors to manage the content and storyboards of a simple website using Expression Blend. Learn to add another level of interaction with a simple color changer.
- Microsoft Expression Blend: Story Interactions. Learn about Storyboard Interactions in Expression Blend with an emphasis on interface animation.
- Microsoft Expression Blend: Resource Dictionaries. The Resource Dictionary, a simple but powerful feature of Expression Blend, allows you to organize and reuse styles created for an application. In this video, learn take advantage of resource dictionaries.
- Microsoft Expression Blend: Creating an Accelerator. An Accelerator is one of the cool features of Internet Explorer 8. Learn how to use and create Accelerator. Starfinder with IMDB is used as our example in this video.
- Microsoft Expression Blend Border Control. Learn about the Border Control in Expression Blend. Given the flexibility built into it, the Border Control demonstrates a good deal of potential when used in UI Designs.
Use Expression Blend to create user experiences for rich internet applications (RIA) using Silverlight and on Windows client desktops using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
Other MSDEV videos on Expression Blend
Microsoft Expression Blend Essentials Web Seminar Series. Microsoft Expression Blend is a powerful tool that allows users to bridge the gap between the design world and the development world. This series will dive into specific details on Blend’s most important and powerful features.
Creating a BeeHive Game with Behaviors in Expression Blend 3. Learn more about how to build a traditional "bricks" game using Expression Blend 3 Behaviors. Simply drag and drop Behaviors over objects in your artboard to easily add powerful and sophisticated functions like animation, physics, interactivity, data connection, effects and more. All without coding. The ever growing Behaviors Gallery at expression.microsoft.com is always avaialable for you to download new behaviors.
Introduction to Prototyping with Sketchflow in Expression Blend 3. Discover Sketchflow, a new feature set in Expression Blend 3 that helps you define the concept for user experiences in early stages of the design process. From sketches to wireframes to protoypes of simple or high definition, Sketchflow provides you the right tools to communicate your ideas and gather feedback from others.
About Expression Blend
Expression Blend revolutionizes the speed and efficiency with which you can take your ideas from concept to completion on the Silverlight and .NET platforms. Concepts and ideas can live through the project end-to-end, reducing redundancy, enhancing creativity and delivering compelling desktop and/or rich internet applications that exceed your client’s expectations for design, interactivity and usability.
Silverlight & .NET - Fully leverage the underlying platforms, Silverlight for cross browser, cross platform deployment and WPF for the ultimate Windows client experience.
Utilize your design assets - Extensive and flexible capabilities allow you to import Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator files, ensuring a smooth transition of visual design assets from traditional workflows.
Behaviors - Bring a project to life by adding interactivity, animation and transitions using Behaviors, powerful building blocks of interactivity, without writing code.
Expression Blend Roadmap
Expression Blend 4 enables you to create websites and applications based on Silverlight 3 and Silverlight 4, and desktop applications based on Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) 3.5 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) and WPF 4.
Expression Blend provides support for prototyping, interactivity through behaviors, special Silverlight functionality, and on-the-fly sample data generation.
Expression Blend includes new behaviors that are quickly and easily configured. To support the development of line-of-business (LOB) applications, Expression Blend introduces support for Views and ViewModels.
Find out more about what's new in Expression Blend 4 RC.
Download Expression Blend 4 RC.
Bruce D. KyleISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation