PerfView Version V1.7 released to the web.
It has been a 9 months since the last public version of PerfView, so today I have updated the PerfView Download location from version 1.6 to Version 1.7.
Here are some of the new features that I think are noteworthy. You can look at the Help -> Release Notes for more information on detailed changes.
- Much improved '(With Tasks) views handles async much better (will improve more in the future as well)
- Added the 'Size' menu and the 'Directory Size' menu item for figuring out where disk space is going.
- Enabled Goto Source for .NET Framework. Will fetch the source code from Microsoft's server so you can see inside .NET framework code.
- Can turn on Network Capture to capture every network packet (See collection dialog box). Rudimentary parsing in the 'events' view
- Net GC Allocations (as well as the original alot-ignore free) now possible for coarse sampling (the default)
- Provider Browser in collection menu for exploring ETW events on the system (can look at manifset)
- PerfView log from time of collection is storted in the etl.zip file and is available from the 'TraceLog' view.
- 'Set As Default Grouping Menu Item' lets you set your default stack viewer parameters.
- In the events' view you can select events and issue the 'Highlight in Histogram' to see where they are visually in the histogram.