Supporting ASP.NET 5, Core RC1, RC2 on Azure App Service
Is ASP.NET 5, Core RC1, RC2 supported on Azure App Service?
No, ASP.NET 5, Core RC1 or RC2 is no longer supported on Azure App Service. The only supported ASP.NET Core stack is RTM on Azure App Service. Check the newly announced RTM version at https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/appserviceteam/2016/06/27/azure-app-service-and-asp-net-core/
Here is the list of .NET supported stacks on Azure App Service: https://github.com/projectkudu/kudu/wiki/Azure-Web-Sites-Development-Stacks
Migration from RC2?
If you are migrating from the RC2 release, there are a small number of breaking changes that you should be aware of when updating your code. These are all edge scenarios if you are doing more advanced customization of your application, and should not affect everyone. Among the changes that you may need to be aware of are:
- The EmbeddedFileProvider behavior has changed to set the baseNameSpace to the assembly name instead of an empty string.
- RuntimeEnvironment has been replaced with RuntimeInformation.
- Kestrel now binds to IPV4 and IPV6 loopback interfaces
- Kestrel server URLs must now be a full URL and not just a port number
- MVC now serializes JSON with camel case names by default
- The dotnet watch command syntax has been simplified
A detailed list of changes is available in the ASP.NET Announcements Issue List.
For more information, see https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/webdev/2016/06/27/announcing-asp-net-core-1-0/ and https://www.microsoft.com/net/core/support