Trigger Office 365 and SharePoint Online
Office 365 is Microsoft Brand Name for group of software service they provide over cloud. It was beta Test in 2010 and launched in June 2011.
Office 365 contains bundle of software as a service (SaaS), includes but not limited to: SharePoint, Mail, Skype for business, yammer, Delve, Sway, OneDrive, Videos.
To buy Office 365 you can check the Licenses categories available in here.
Through this post I will be going through benefits, features and what are the tools available to trigger Office 365 and SharePoint Online administration.
What are the Office 365 Benefits?
- Familiar and full Office applications are available online.
- Advanced IT controls and configuration.
- Optimized experiences for common devices.
- Reliable services run at scale with a 99.9% SLA.
- Continuous innovation from Microsoft.
- Trusted service.
Office 365 is Like Bee cell it contains a lot of stuff:
Mainly SharePoint Online, Exchange online and Skype for Business online are core components but there are a lot of other stuff as Office 365 indeed like a bee cell.
What is Delve?
- Delve is a new way to discover relevant information and connections from across your work life.
- Delve displays information that is most relevant for each person based on the work they are doing and the people with whom they are engaging.
- Delve is powered by Office Graph which uses machine learning techniques to map the relationships between people, content and activity that occurs across Office 365.
What is Delve Signal?
When you and a colleague modify or view the same document, it’s a signal that you’re likely to be working together. Other signals are who you communicate with through e-mail, and who you’ve shared documents with, who your manager is, and who has the same manager as you.
What are the available Office 365 Admin Tools?
- Office 365 Admin Center.
- Office 365 PowerShell.
- Office 365 Admin App from mobile devices.
What are the Office 365 Administrators roles?
Office 365 Administrator Role
Make purchases, manage subscriptions, manage support tickets, and monitor service health
Perform all administrative tasks
Change/reset passwords, manage service requests, and monitor service health
Manage service requests and monitor service health
User management administrator
Create and delete users and groups, reset passwords, manage service requests, and monitor service health
What you can do in the Administration of Office 365 center?
- Admin Skype, Exchange, SharePoint, Yammer, Azure AD and Compliance.
- Users and License Management.
- Service Health Dashboard.
- Service Requests/Support.
- Groups administration.
What you can do from the SharePoint Online Admin page?
- Plan and Manage Site Collections.
- Plan and Configure External Sharing.
- Administrate InfoPath.
- Administrate BCS (Business Connectivity Services).
- Administrate Records Management.
- Administrate Search.
- Administrate Term Store.
- Administrate Settings, apps and Hybrid.
How to manage SharePoint Online with PowerShell?
- Setup the SharePoint Online Management Shell.
- Install Windows PowerShell 3.0.
- Download and install the SharePoint Online Management Shell.
- Connect to the SharePoint Online service.
- Some Commands to manage site collections.
How to migrate to SharePoint Online?
- Copy to Azure, then import in O365.
- Ship disk to MSFT DC, then import in O365 / Exchange Online.
- 3rd Party Tool.
References and Links
Office 365 resources from TechNet Wikis