Pro-active 2010 Guidance by the Rangers – Visual Studio 2010 and Team Foundation Server 2010 Virtualization Guidance: Part 2
- To automate the installation of Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio and all the pre-requisites?
- To automate the optimization and tweaking of the operating system?
- To create consistent virtual machine environments?
- To be able to point at an ISO and install a fully installed virtual machine, while enjoying coffee or lunch in less than two hours?
- To learn from and share experiences around virtualization?
If you answered yes with excitement or silently in your mind to any of the above, then this Rangers initiative should be your next main meal from the guidance menu.
Visual Studio 2010 and Team Foundation Server 2010 Virtualization Guidance (Extract from our Codeplex Site)
- Visual Studio 2010 and Team Foundation Server 2010 VM Factory
- Welcome to the Visual Studio 2010 and Team Foundation Server 2010 Virtualization Guidance Community Site! Visual Studio 2010 VM Factory is the reference implementation of a software solution that automates the creation of Visual Studio 2010 and Team Foundation Server 2010 virtualized environments. The purpose of this project is to build prescriptive guidance around virtualization of the Visual Studio 2010 and guidance for full automation of the creation of virtual machines using the VM Factory. The goal is to help users with the installation and configuration of virtualized environments with least effort and maximum automation.
- Visual Studio ALM Rangers
- This guidance is created by the Rangers who have the mission to provide out of band solutions for missing features or guidance. This content was created with support from Microsoft Product Group, Microsoft Most Valued Professionals (MVPs) and technical specialists from technology communities around the globe, giving you a real-world view from the field, where the technology has been tested and used.
Nuggets contained in the guidance
- Factory Assembly Instructions and Metadata to build your own factory
Interested? If yes, visit us on Codeplex at http://ranversvsvmfactory.codeplex.com/ today and start downloading the bits.
We will be hosting a ChalkTalk session at TechReady 10
TechReady is an internal Microsoft readiness event. If you are interested in us re-running the event elsewhere or as a virtual event, then please contact us and we will make a plan :)
If you are attending TechReady 10 in March this year, make sure to pencil in the session “DEVCT309 Rangers - Visual Studio 2010 Virtualization Guidance and VM Factory” in your schedule and join us for an interactive “chat” around the factory, the opportunities and the challenges.
What’s next in this series?
Next on the menu will be the updated Upgrade Guide, which delivers additional Q&A and revised upgrade content.