"This Tab Has Been Recovered" Message Pops Up When You Are Browsing Some Websites Using Internet Explorer 8
When you attempt to browse a website using Internet Explorer 8, instead of seeing the expected website, and error message like the following appears:
“This tab has been recovered.
A problem with this web page caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab.”
This problem can occur due to one or more non-Microsoft add-ons running with Internet Explorer.
Start Internet Explorer to No Add-ons mode with clicking Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
If the issue doesn’t occur in No Add-ons mode, use Add-on Manager to disable all add-ons and then turn them on only as needed until the problem reoccurs. This will allow you to determine which add-on is causing the problem.
To open Add-on Manager, take the following steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button and then clicking Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.
In Internet Explorer 8, you can disable toolbars by clicking the X on the side of the toolbar. If there are any add-ons associated with the toolbar, a dialog box will be displayed where you can keep or disable the additional add-ons.
For more information about add-ons, please also see Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions.
If disabling add-ons doesn't solve the problem, try resetting Internet Explorer back to its default settings. This clears all changes that have been made to Internet Explorer since it was installed, while retaining your favorites and feeds. To reset Internet Explorer back to its default settings, please take the following steps:
1. Close all Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows.
2. Open Internet Explorer.
3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
5. Click Reset.
6. When you are done, click Close, and then click OK.
7. Close Internet Explorer and reopen it for the changes to take effect.
For more information about resetting Internet Explorer settings, please see the following: