Windows Server 2012 Server Certificate Deployment Guide Now Available in TechNet Gallery
The Windows Server® 2012 Core Network Companion Guide: Server Certificate Deployment is now available for download in Word format from TechNet Gallery at http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Windows-Server-2012-Core-e0970aa7
The Windows Server 2012 Core Network Guide provides instructions for planning and deploying the components required for a fully functioning network and a new Active Directory® domain in a new forest.
The Windows Server® 2012 Core Network Companion Guide: Server Certificate Deployment explains how to build upon the core network by deploying server certificates for computers that are running Network Policy Server (NPS), Routing and Remote Access Service (RRAS), or both. Server certificates are required when you deploy certificate-based authentication methods with Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) and Protected EAP (PEAP) for network access authentication. Deploying server certificates is the first step toward your Wireless access solution.
Deploying server certificates with Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) for EAP and PEAP certificate-based authentication methods provides the following benefits:
- Binding the identity of the NPS or RRAS server to a private key
- A cost-efficient and secure method for automatically enrolling certificates to domain member NPS and RRAS servers
- An efficient method for managing certificates and certification authorities
- Security provided by certificate-based authentication
- The ability to expand the use of certificates for additional purposes
For more information about the Core Network Guide, see the WSiX blog post Windows Server® 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 Core Network Guide Now Available in TechNet Gallery