Asset Intelligence License Wizard - updated version
Update : This tool is now at v1.4, see this post : http://blogs.technet.com/b/yasc/archive/2010/09/18/asset-intelligence-license-wizard-v1-4.aspx
Attached to this post is version 1.2 of AILW, with the following changelog:
- Support for SCCM 2007 SP2 and x64 environment : the first version was built on SCCM 2007 SP1 running on a x86 OS, while this one was updated while working against SCCM 2007 SP1 running on a x64 OS.
- Detection if the SCCM server is running on a x64 server operating system, to ensure the “Program Files” path is set to the appropriate directory. This could be changed manually, but it was easy to forget, and the import would not work.
- Corrected an issue where AILW would crash if it was running on a machine and trying to create the CSV file on the same machine (file path of the CSV). The most classic encounter of this issue was running the tool directly on the SCCM server and using the default configuration (which tries to create the CSV file on the root of the C: drive on the SCCM server)
- Fixed an issue when the number of products detected by the AI catalog would generate a crash in AILW, stating “number of copies to create must be strictly positive”
- Fixed an issue when clicking again on “Load from DB” without closing and re-opening the applications. Multiple imports should now work without having the need to close and launch the application again.
This should make the tool more reliable on some environments. Again, feel free to send any feedback for fixes/enhancements.