TechNet Radio: (Part 10) Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 – Protecting Your Private Cloud with Data Protection Manager
We’ve hit Part 10 in our Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 SP1 series, and in today’s episode Keith Mayer and Yung Chou discuss how you can protect your newly created private cloud with Data Protection Manager. Tune in as they discuss disaster recovery solutions and performance enhancements as well as demo for us how to setup and configure DPM for your environment and then lay out the process for backing up your servers and how DPM integrates with Virtual Machine Manager.
- [1:49] What is Data Protection Manager?
- [6:40] How much faster can we backup Hyper-V hosts with DPM?
- [10:14] DEMO: How to Setup & Configure Data Protection Manager
- [20:12] DEMO: Process of backup up a server
- [32:21] DEMO: Integration between Data Protection Manager and Virtual Machine Manager
- MP3 (Audio only)
- MP4 (iPod, Zune HD)
- High Quality MP4 (iPad, PC)
- Mid Quality MP4 (WP7, HTML5)
- High Quality WMV (PC, Xbox, MCE)
The entire series is also available via https://aka.ms/bpc.
- (Part 1) Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 - Introduction
- (Part 2) Laying the Foundation with Windows Server 2012
- (Part 3) Deploying & Upgrading to System Center 2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 4) Configuring Storage Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 5) Configuring Network Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 6) Configuring Compute Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 7) Creating & Delegating Private Clouds in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 8) Deploying & Managing Private Cloud Applications
- (Part 9) Updating the Private Cloud Fabric
- (Part 10) Protecting Your Private Cloud with Data Protection Manager
- (Part 11) Dynamic Optimization of the Private Cloud Fabric
- (Part 12) Building a Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure using Windows Azure
- (Part 13) Managing Your Hybrid Cloud Network
|Download and build a lab with Windows Server 2012 and System Center 2012 SP1|
|Deploy a VM to cloud and learn Windows Azure with 90-day free trial and free resources.|
|Follow the blog post series, learn and practice to Build a Private Cloud|