TechNet Radio: (Part 5) Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 – Configuring Network Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
We’re here for Part 5 of the Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 SP1 series, and in today’s episode Keith Mayer and Yung Chou show us how to configure network fabric in Virtual Machine Manager (VMM). Tune in for this demo heavy session as they show us how to architect our physical networks and bring them into VMM as they help us define our logical and VM networks and then create and assigning our switches and gateways.
- [3:32] Recap: How to manage Networking
- [13:05] How do you configure these network components into Virtual Machine Manager?
- [14:16] DEMO: Defining Two Logical Networks | Define Network Sites/ Subnets | Creating IP Pools
- [26:50 DEMO: How to Create VM Networks
- [38:44] What are logical switches?
- [43:03] DEMO: How to Create & Assign Logical Switches in Virtual Machine Manager
- MP3 (Audio only)
- MP4 (iPod, Zune HD)
- High Quality MP4 (iPad, PC)
- Mid Quality MP4 (WP7, HTML5)
- High Quality WMV (PC, Xbox, MCE)
Websites & Blogs:
The entire series is also available via https://aka.ms/bpc.
- (Part 1) Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 - Introduction
- (Part 2) Laying the Foundation with Windows Server 2012
- (Part 3) Deploying & Upgrading to System Center 2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 4) Configuring Storage Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 5) Configuring Network Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 6) Configuring Compute Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 7) Creating & Delegating Private Clouds in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 8) Deploying & Managing Private Cloud Applications
- (Part 9) Updating the Private Cloud Fabric
- (Part 10) Protecting Your Private Cloud with Data Protection Manager
- (Part 11) Dynamic Optimization of the Private Cloud Fabric
- (Part 12) Building a Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure using Windows Azure
- (Part 13) Managing Your Hybrid Cloud Network
|Download and build a lab with Windows Server 2012 and System Center 2012 SP1|
|Deploy a VM to cloud and learn Windows Azure with 90-day free trial and free resources.|
|Follow the blog post series, learn and practice to Build a Private Cloud|