Unveil the Beauty of the Web today – Microsoft IE9 has been released to web!
On Monday, March 14 Microsoft has announced the release of the final general availability of Windows Internet Explorer 9 in 39 languages across the world.
You can download and experience it today!
The best experience of the web is on Windows with Internet Explorer 9. IE9 redefines fast with a fully hardware-accelerated browser, harnessing the full power of the PC through Windows. IE9 delivers a clean, site-centric experience, putting the focus on your sites. People can use what Windows offers around the browser – for example, pinning sites to the taskbar just as they pin applications in Windows 7. IE9 delivers new protections from real-world threats to safety, privacy, and reliability that make it the world’s most trusted browser. With HTML5 at its core, IE9 enables a more interoperable web, so developers can write the same markup across browsers and the web.
After you download, make your perfect Windows 7 taskbar with IE9. Pin Hotmail, MSN, and Bing. Keep your favorite social, media, and content experiences one click away. On your home PC, pin Outlook Web Access and SkyDrive.
IE9 Key Facts
Here are 9 facts highlighting the value IE9 delivers to end users:
1. IE9 is the fastest adopted beta in IE browser history. With over 40M downloads and a usage share on Windows 7 well over 2% globally, IE9 adoption has more than surpassed expectations.
2. IE9 is enterprise ready. With a very high compatibility rate, IE9 is ready to go for customer with their Windows 7 deployments.
4. IE9 is the only fully hardware-accelerated browser. All graphics, video and text in IE9 are hardware-accelerated. We re-architected IE9 to take full advantage of the Windows PC. IE9 was the first to introduce this concept and other browsers have been scrambling to catch-up. See the difference for yourself.
5. IE9 treats your favorite sites like apps. The site is the center of attention in IE9’s new frame. When you pin a site to the taskbar, your experience is even better. Over 250 of the world’s top sites have already taken advantage of Jump Lists, notifications, and thumbnail previews to make their sites more app-like. Web site publishers are seeing close to a 50% increase in engagement from their IE9 customers through pinned sites.
6. IE9 protects against 99% of socially-engineered malware. Malware is the #1 threat on the internet today. With Microsoft SmartScreen and the new SmartScreen application reputation feature in IE9, no other browser comes close in protecting consumers from these real-world threats. IE9 is 33 times better than Chrome and over 5 times better than Firefox.
7. IE9 is the only browser with integrated online tracking protection for consumers. Microsoft changed the browser and industry landscape with the introduction of IE9’s Tracking Protection, providing the only built-in browser solution protecting consumers today.
8. IE9 is leading with site-ready HTML5 support. IE9 is all in when it comes to delivering developers new standards-based capabilities with HTML5. Microsoft co-chairs the W3C HTML5 working group and during the IE9 release has contributed almost 6000 test cases to the W3C and international standards bodies. Currently, IE9 has the best conformance with W3C HTML5.
9. IE9 has had the strongest press in IE history: Here is a small sample of what reviewers are saying: