Getting Started with ASP.NET MVC 5
Introduction to ASP.NET MVC 5
This tutorial teaches ASP.NET Core MVC with controllers and views. Razor Pages is a new alternative in ASP.NET Core 2.0, a page-based programming model that makes building web UI easier and more productive. We recommend you try the Razor Pages tutorial before the MVC version. The Razor Pages tutorial:
- Is easier to follow.
- Covers more features.
- Is the preferred approach for new application development.
This following tutorial series covers ASP.NET MVC: Source located on GitHub
- Getting Started
- Adding a Controller
- Adding a View
- Adding a Model
- Creating a Connection String and Working with SQL Server LocalDB
- Accessing Your Model's Data from a Controller
- Examining the Edit Methods and Edit View
- Adding Search
- Adding a New Field
- Adding Validation
- Examining the Details and Delete Methods