MVC recommended tutorials and articles
2 minutes to read
by Rick Anderson
Working with data
- Create an ASP.NET MVC app with auth and SQL DB and deploy to Azure This popular tutorial walks you through creating a simple app and adding membership and roles.
- Create an ASP.NET MVC 5 App with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google OAuth2 Sign-on This tutorial shows you how to build an ASP.NET MVC 5 web application that enables users to log in using OAuth 2.0 with credentials from an external authentication provider, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Microsoft, or Google.
- Create a secure ASP.NET MVC 5 web app with log in, email confirmation and password reset First in a series on Identity, includes code to resend a confirmation link.
- ASP.NET MVC 5 app with SMS and email Two-Factor Authentication Second on Identity series.
- Best practices for deploying passwords and other sensitive data to ASP.NET and Azure App Service
- Two-factor authentication using SMS and email with ASP.NET Identity
isPersistent and the security cookie, code to require a user to have a validated email account before they can log on, how SignInManager checks for 2FA requirement, and more.
- Account Confirmation and Password Recovery with ASP.NET Identity Provides details on Identity not found in Create a secure ASP.NET MVC 5 web app with log in, email confirmation and password reset such as how to let users reset their forgotten password.
Performance and Debugging