Set up sign-up and sign-in with a Microsoft account using Azure Active Directory B2C
Create a Microsoft account application
To use a Microsoft account as an identity provider in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) B2C, you need to create an application in your tenant that represents it. If you don’t already have a Microsoft account, you can get it at https://www.live.com/.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Application Registration Portal with your Microsoft account credentials.
- In the upper-right corner, select Add an app.
- Enter a Name for your application. For example, MSAapp1.
- Select Generate New Password and make sure that you copy the password to use when you configure the identity provider. Also copy the Application Id.
- Select Add platform, and then and choose Web.
https://your-tenant-name.b2clogin.com/your-tenant-name.onmicrosoft.com/oauth2/authrespin Redirect URLs. Replace
your-tenant-namewith the name of your tenant.
- Select Save.
Configure a Microsoft account as an identity provider
- Sign in to the Azure portal as the global administrator of your Azure AD B2C tenant.
- Make sure you're using the directory that contains your Azure AD B2C tenant by clicking the Directory and subscription filter in the top menu and choosing the directory that contains your tenant.
- Choose All services in the top-left corner of the Azure portal, search for and select Azure AD B2C.
- Select Identity providers, and then select Add.
- Provide a Name. For example, enter MSA.
- Select Identity provider type, select Microsoft Account, and click OK.
- Select Set up this identity provider and enter the Application Id that you recorded earlier as the Client ID and enter the password that you recorded as the Client secret of the Microsoft account application that you created earlier.
- Click OK and then click Create to save your Microsoft account configuration.