Tutorial: Azure Active Directory single sign-on (SSO) integration with ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). When you integrate ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud with Azure AD, you can:
- Control in Azure AD who has access to ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud with their Azure AD accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location - the Azure portal.
To get started, you need the following items:
- An Azure AD subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Azure AD SSO in a test environment.
- ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud supports SP and IDP initiated SSO
- ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud supports Just In Time user provisioning
Adding ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud from the gallery
To configure the integration of ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud into Azure AD, you need to add ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Azure portal using either a work or school account, or a personal Microsoft account.
- On the left navigation pane, select the Azure Active Directory service.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications and then select All Applications.
- To add new application, select New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud in the search box.
- Select ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Configure and test Azure AD SSO for ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud
Configure and test Azure AD SSO with ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between an Azure AD user and the related user in ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud.
To configure and test Azure AD SSO with ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud, perform the following steps:
- Configure Azure AD SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud that is linked to the Azure AD representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Azure AD SSO
Follow these steps to enable Azure AD SSO in the Azure portal.
In the Azure portal, on the ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud application integration page, find the Manage section and select single sign-on.
On the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the edit/pen icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, if you wish to configure the application in IDP initiated mode, enter the values for the following fields:
a. In the Identifier text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
b. In the Reply URL text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
Click Set additional URLs and perform the following step if you wish to configure the application in SP initiated mode:
In the Sign-on URL text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
These values are not real. Update these values with the actual Identifier, Reply URL and Sign-on URL. Contact ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud Client support team to get these values. You can also refer to the patterns shown in the Basic SAML Configuration section in the Azure portal.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, find Certificate (Base64) and select Download to download the certificate and save it on your computer.
On the Set up ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud section, copy the appropriate URL(s) based on your requirement.
Create an Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll create a test user in the Azure portal called B.Simon.
- From the left pane in the Azure portal, select Azure Active Directory, select Users, and then select All users.
- Select New user at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Name field, enter
- In the User name field, enter the email@example.com. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, enter
Assign the Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use Azure single sign-on by granting access to ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud.
- In the Azure portal, select Enterprise Applications, and then select All applications.
- In the applications list, select ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud.
- In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
- Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
- In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are expecting a role to be assigned to the users, you can select it from the Select a role dropdown. If no role has been set up for this app, you see "Default Access" role selected.
- In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud SSO
To configure single sign-on on ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud side, you need to send the downloaded Certificate (Base64) and appropriate copied URLs from Azure portal to ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud test user
In this section, a user called Britta Simon is created in ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud. ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud supports just-in-time user provisioning, which is enabled by default. There is no action item for you in this section. If a user doesn't already exist in ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud, a new one is created after authentication.
In this section, you test your Azure AD single sign-on configuration with following options.
Click on Test this application in Azure portal. This will redirect to ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud Sign on URL where you can initiate the login flow.
Go to ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud Sign-on URL directly and initiate the login flow from there.
- Click on Test this application in Azure portal and you should be automatically signed in to the ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud for which you set up the SSO
You can also use Microsoft Access Panel to test the application in any mode. When you click the ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud tile in the Access Panel, if configured in SP mode you would be redirected to the application sign on page for initiating the login flow and if configured in IDP mode, you should be automatically signed in to the ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud for which you set up the SSO. For more information about the Access Panel, see Introduction to the Access Panel.
Once you configure ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud you can enforce session control, which protects exfiltration and infiltration of your organization’s sensitive data in real time. Session control extends from Conditional Access. Learn how to enforce session control with Microsoft Cloud App Security.