Tutorial: Azure Active Directory single sign-on (SSO) integration with Software AG Cloud
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate Software AG Cloud with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). When you integrate Software AG Cloud with Azure AD, you can:
- Control in Azure AD who has access to Software AG Cloud.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to Software AG Cloud with their Azure AD accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location - the Azure portal.
To get started, you need the following items:
- An Azure AD subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- Software AG Cloud single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Azure AD SSO in a test environment.
- Software AG Cloud supports SP initiated SSO
- Software AG Cloud supports Just In Time user provisioning
Adding Software AG Cloud from the gallery
To configure the integration of Software AG Cloud into Azure AD, you need to add Software AG Cloud from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Azure portal using either a work or school account, or a personal Microsoft account.
- On the left navigation pane, select the Azure Active Directory service.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications and then select All Applications.
- To add new application, select New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type Software AG Cloud in the search box.
- Select Software AG Cloud from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Configure and test Azure AD SSO for Software AG Cloud
Configure and test Azure AD SSO with Software AG Cloud using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between an Azure AD user and the related user in Software AG Cloud.
To configure and test Azure AD SSO with Software AG Cloud, perform the following steps:
- Configure Azure AD SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure Software AG Cloud SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create Software AG Cloud test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in Software AG Cloud that is linked to the Azure AD representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Azure AD SSO
Follow these steps to enable Azure AD SSO in the Azure portal.
In the Azure portal, on the Software AG Cloud application integration page, find the Manage section and select single sign-on.
On the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the edit/pen icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, enter the values for the following fields:
In the Sign on URL text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
In the Identifier (Entity ID) text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
These values are not real. Update these values with the actual Sign on URL and Identifier. Contact Software AG Cloud Client support team to get these values. You can also refer to the patterns shown in the Basic SAML Configuration section in the Azure portal.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, find Federation Metadata XML and select Download to download the certificate and save it on your computer.
On the Set up Software AG Cloud section, copy the appropriate URL(s) based on your requirement.
Create an Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll create a test user in the Azure portal called B.Simon.
- From the left pane in the Azure portal, select Azure Active Directory, select Users, and then select All users.
- Select New user at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Name field, enter
- In the User name field, enter the firstname.lastname@example.org. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, enter
Assign the Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use Azure single sign-on by granting access to Software AG Cloud.
- In the Azure portal, select Enterprise Applications, and then select All applications.
- In the applications list, select Software AG Cloud.
- In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
- Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
- In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are expecting a role to be assigned to the users, you can select it from the Select a role dropdown. If no role has been set up for this app, you see "Default Access" role selected.
- In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure Software AG Cloud SSO
In a different web browser window, sign into Software AG Cloud website as an administrator.
Click on Administration
Go to the Single-sign on > Add identity provider
Perform the following steps in the following page.
a. In the Identity provider display name textbox, give the name like
b. In the Identity provider unique identifier for use in Software AG Cloud redirect URI textbox, enter a unique name for the Identity Provider. The Software AG Cloud redirect URI field will get refreshed and populated with the URI. Copy this URI and use it to configure the Entity ID and other information in the Azure portal as per the patterns defined.
c. Import the Federation Metadata XML file in Identity provider configuration and click on Next.
d. Go to the Configuration page and complete the fields as necessary.
Create Software AG Cloud test user
In this section, a user called Britta Simon is created in Software AG Cloud. Software AG Cloud supports just-in-time user provisioning, which is enabled by default. There is no action item for you in this section. If a user doesn't already exist in Software AG Cloud, a new one is created after authentication.
In this section, you test your Azure AD single sign-on configuration with following option.
Assuming that the Microsoft Azure is configured as a provider in Software AG Cloud, navigate to
www.softwareag.cloud and click on Login button and enter the environment name. In the next screen, click on "Log in with <IDP NAME>" link and enter the credentials. Once authenticated, you will be logged in and taken to the Software AG Cloud home page.
Once you configure Software AG Cloud you can enforce session control, which protects exfiltration and infiltration of your organization's sensitive data in real time. Session control extends from Conditional Access. Learn how to enforce session control with Microsoft Cloud App Security.