IoT Architecture – Azure IoT Subsystems
If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information (implementation details, pricing guidance, code examples, etc), let us know with GitHub Feedback!
The links to the right provide documentation on deploying and managing the Azure products listed in the solution architecture above.
- Azure IoT Hub: The cloud gateway for the system controls bidirectional, secure communication to and from devices.
- Azure Cosmos DB: Used for warm storage for device data.
- Virtual Machines: Hosts containers that contain microservices for processing data and hosting the UI.
- Azure Stream Analytics: Processes data coming into the system from devices.
- Blob Storage: Cold storage of device data.
- Azure Active Directory: Used for authentication and authorization of the system.
- IoT Hub Documentation
- Cosmos DB Documentation
- Azure Virtual Machines Documentation
- Azure Stream Analytics Documentation
- Azure Blob Storage Documentation
- Azure Active Directory application Documentation