Overview of Availability Zones in Azure (Preview)
Availability Zones help to protect you from datacenter-level failures. They are located inside an Azure region, and each one has its own independent power source, network, and cooling. To ensure resiliency, there's a minimum of three separate zones in all enabled regions. The physical and logical separation of Availability Zones within a region protects applications and data from zone-level failures.
Regions that support Availability Zones
- East US 2
- US Central
- West Europe
- France Central
Services that support Availability Zones
The Azure services that support Availability Zones are:
- Linux Virtual Machines
- Windows Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Scale Sets
- Managed Disks
- Load Balancer
- Public IP address
- Zone-Redundant Storage
Get started with the Availability Zones preview
The Availability Zones preview is available in the East US 2, US Central, West Europe, and France Central regions for specific Azure services.
- Sign up for the Availability Zones preview.
- Sign in to your Azure subscription.
- Choose a region that supports Availability Zones.
- Use one of the following links to start using Availability Zones with your service.