Applies to: Azure Stack integrated systems and Azure Stack Development Kit
A user in Azure Stack can be a reader, owner, or contributor for each instance of a subscription, resource group, or service. For example, User A might have reader permissions to Subscription 1, but have owner permissions to Virtual Machine 7.
- Reader: User can view everything, but can’t make any changes.
- Contributor: User can manage everything except access to resources.
- Owner: User can manage everything, including access to resources.
Set access permissions for a user
- Sign in with an account that has owner permissions to the resource you want to manage.
- In the blade for the resource, click the Access icon .
- In the Users blade, click Roles.
- In the Roles blade, click Add to add permissions for the user.