Get started with Content Moderator
You get started with Content Moderator in the following ways:
- Start with the review tool to get the API key and create a review team. The benefit is that you can use the API key to call the moderation APIs for scanning content and the review APIs for generating reviews, without additional steps.
- Subscribe to Content Moderator in Azure to get the API key. Check out the API reference and the SDKs. You still need to sign up online to create a review team.
- Use the Flow connector and templates to check out a wide range of integrations with an easy-to-use designer.
Regardless of the option you choose, see the Managing credentials article to find your API credentials.
Start with the review tool
Sign up on the Content Moderator review tool web site.
Create a review team
Give your team a name. If you want to invite your colleagues, you can do so by entering their email addresses.
Upload images or enter text
Click Try > Image or Try > Text. Upload up to five sample images or enter sample text for moderation.
Submit for automated moderation
Submit your content for automated moderation. Internally, the review tool calls the moderation APIs to scan your content. Once the scanning is complete, you see a message informing you about the results waiting for your review.
Review and confirm results
Review the auto-moderated tags, change if needed, and submit by using the Next button. As your business application calls the Moderator APIs, the tagged content starts queuing up, ready to be reviewed by the human review teams. You quickly review large volumes of content using this approach.
Learn how to use all the review tool's features or continue with the next section to learn about the APIs. Skip the sign-up step because you have the API key provisioned for you in the review tool as shown in the Managing credentials article.
Use the APIs
Subscribe in the Azure portal
Subscribe to Content Moderator in the Azure portal. Start with one of the following APIs:
Start with the API console or use the .NET quickstart to scan text content for potential profanity, machine-assisted unwanted text classification (preview), and personally identifiable information (PII).
Start with the .NET quickstart to scan videos and detect potential adult and racy content.
Start here by choosing from the Job, Review, and Workflow APIs.
- The Job API scans your content by using the moderation APIs and generates reviews in the review tool.
- The Review API directly creates image, text, or video reviews for human moderators without first scanning the content.
- The Workflow API creates, updates, and gets details about the custom workflows that your team creates.