Create a new LUIS app in the LUIS portal
Using the LUIS portal
You can create a new app in the LUIS portal in several ways:
- Start with an empty app and create intents, utterances, and entities.
- Start with an empty app and add a prebuilt domain.
- Import a LUIS app from a JSON file that already contains intents, utterances, and entities.
Using the authoring APIs
You can create a new app with the authoring APIs in a couple of ways:
Create new app in LUIS
On My Apps page, select Create new app.
In the dialog box, name your application "TravelAgent".
Choose your application culture (for TravelAgent app, choose English), and then select Done.
The culture cannot be changed once the application is created.
Import an app from file
- On My Apps page, select Import new app.
- In the pop-up dialog, select a valid app JSON file, and then select Done.
Possible errors are:
- An app with that name already exists. Reimport the app, and set the Optional Name to a new name.
Your first task in the app is to add intents.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.