Upgrade composite entity to machine-learning entity
Upgrade composite entity to machine-learning entity to build an entity that receives more complete predictions with better decomposability for debugging the entity.
Current version model restrictions
The upgrade process creates machine-learning entities, based on the existing composite entities found in your app, into a new version of your app. This includes composite entity children and roles. The process also switches the labels in example utterances to use the new entity.
The upgrade process:
- Creates new machine-learning entity for each composite entity.
- Child entities:
- If child entity is only used in composite entity, it will only be added to machine-learning entity.
- If child entity is used in composite and as a separate entity (labeled in example utterances), it will be added to the version as an entity and as a subentity to the new machine-learning entity.
- If the child entity uses a role, each role will be converted into a subentity of the same name.
- If the child entity is a non-machine-learning entity (regular expression, list entity, or prebuilt entity), a new subentity is created with the same name, and the new subentity has a feature using the non-machine-learning entity with the required feature added.
- Names are retained but must be unique at same subentity/sibling level. Refer to unique naming limits.
- Labels in example utterances are switched to new machine-learning entity with subentities.
Use the following chart to understand how your model changes:
|Old object||New object||Notes|
|Composite entity||machine-learning entity with structure||Both objects are parent objects.|
|Composite's child entity is simple entity||subentity||Both objects are child objects.|
|Composite's child entity is Prebuilt entity such as Number||subentity with name of Prebuilt entity such as Number, and subentity has feature of Prebuilt Number entity with constraint option set to true.||subentity contains feature with constraint at subentity level.|
|Composite's child entity is Prebuilt entity such as Number, and prebuilt entity has a role||subentity with name of role, and subentity has feature of Prebuilt Number entity with constraint option set to true.||subentity contains feature with constraint at subentity level.|
|Role||subentity||The role name becomes the subentity name. The subentity is a direct descendant of the machine-learning entity.|
Begin upgrade process
Before updating, make sure to:
- Change versions if you are not on the correct version to upgrade
Begin the upgrade process from the notification or you can wait until the next scheduled prompt.
On the pop-up, select Upgrade now.
Review the What happens when you upgrade information then select Continue.
Select the composite entities from the list to upgrade then select Continue.
You can move any untrained changes from the current version into the upgraded version by selecting the checkbox.
Select Continue to begin the upgrade process.
The progress bar indicates the status of the upgrade process.
When the process is done, you are on a new trained version with the new machine-learning entities. Select Try your new entities to see the new entity.
If the upgrade or training failed for the new entity, a notification provides more information.
On the Entity list page, the new entities are marked with NEW next to the type name.