Custom Neural Voice gating overview
Learn more about the process for getting started with Custom Neural Voice.
Commitment to responsible innovation
As part of Microsoft's commitment to designing responsible AI, we have assembled a set of materials to guide customers in using Custom Neural Voice. The guidelines and insights found here are based on Microsoft's principles for responsible innovation in AI.
Guidance for deploying Custom Neural Voice
- Guidelines for Responsible Deployment: our top recommendations based on our research
- Disclosure for Voice Talent: what you need to know and inform voice talent about the technology to use it responsibly
- Disclosure Design: how to design experiences so that users know when a synthetic voice is being used and trust your service
Why Custom Neural Voice is a gated technology
Our intent is to protect the rights of individuals and society, foster transparent human-computer interactions, and counteract the proliferation of harmful deepfakes and misleading content. For this reason, we have gated the use of Custom Neural Voice. Customers gain access to the technology only after their applications are reviewed and they have committed to using it in alignment with our ethics principles.
Our gating process
To get access to Custom Neural Voice, you'll need to start by filling out our online intake form. Begin your application here.
Access to the Custom Neural Voice service is subject to Microsoft’s sole discretion based on our eligibility criteria, vetting process, and availability to support a limited number of customers during this gated preview.
- Disclosure for voice talent
- Guidelines for responsible deployment of synthetic voice technology
- How to Disclose