What's new in the Text Analytics API?
The Text Analytics API is updated on an ongoing basis. To stay up-to-date with recent developments, this article provides you with information about new releases and features.
Text Analytics for health container - Public gated preview
The Text Analytics for health container is now in public gated preview, which lets you extract information from unstructured English-language text in clinical documents such as: patient intake forms, doctor's notes, research papers and discharge summaries. Currently, you will not be billed for Text Analytics for health container usage.
The container offers the following features:
- Named Entity Recognition
- Relation extraction
- Entity linking
Text Analytics API v3 General Availability
Text Analysis API v3 is now generally available with the following updates:
- Model version
- New data limits for each feature
- Updated language support for Sentiment Analysis (SA) v3
- Separate endpoint for Entity Linking
- New "Address" entity category in Named Entity Recognition (NER) v3.
- New subcategories in NER v3:
- Location - Geographical
- Location - Structural
- Organization - Stock Exchange
- Organization - Medical
- Organization - Sports
- Event - Cultural
- Event - Natural
- Event - Sports
The following properties in the JSON response have been added:
SentenceTextin Sentiment Analysis
Warningsfor each document
The names of the following properties in the JSON response have been changed, where applicable:
scorehas been renamed to
confidenceScorehas two decimal points of precision.
typehas been renamed to
subtypehas been renamed to
Text Analytics API v3 is not available in the following regions: Central India, UAE North, China North 2, China East.
Text Analytics API v3.1 Public Preview
- New Sentiment Analysis feature - Opinion Mining
- New Personal (
PII) domain filter for protected health information (
SDK support for Text Analytics API v3 Public Preview
As part of the unified Azure SDK release, the Text Analytics API v3 SDK is now available as a public preview for the following programming languages:
Named Entity Recognition v3 public preview
Additional entity types are now available in the Named Entity Recognition (NER) v3 public preview service as we expand the detection of general and personal information entities found in text. This update introduces model version
2020-02-01, which includes:
Recognition of the following general entity types (English only):
- Geopolitical Entity (GPE) as a subtype under Location
Recognition of the following personal information entity types (English only):
- Age as a subtype under Quantity
- Date as a subtype under DateTime
- Phone Number (US only)
- IP Address
Named Entity Recognition (NER)
A new endpoint for recognizing personal information entity types (English only)
2019-10-01, which includes:
- Expanded detection and categorization of entities found in text.
- Recognition of the following new entity types:
- Phone number
- IP address
Entity linking supports English and Spanish. NER language support varies by the entity type.
Sentiment Analysis v3 public preview
A new endpoint for analyzing sentiment.
2019-10-01, which includes:
- Significant improvements in the accuracy and detail of the API's text categorization and scoring.
- Automatic labeling for different sentiments in text.
- Sentiment analysis and output on a document and sentence level.
It supports English (
en), Japanese (
ja), Chinese Simplified (
zh-Hans), Chinese Traditional (
zh-Hant), French (
fr), Italian (
it), Spanish (
es), Dutch (
nl), Portuguese (
pt), and German (
de), and is available in the following regions:
East US 2,
South Central US,
West Europe, and
West US 2.