For example, the following error may be reported:
HashJoin operator has exceeded the memory budget during evaluation. Results may be incorrect or incomplete.
There are several possible courses of action.
- Change the query to consume fewer resources. For example, if the error indicates
that the query result set is too large, you can:
- Limit the number of records returned by the query by
- Reduce the number of columns returned by the query by
- Use the summarize operator to get aggregated data.
- Increase the relevant query limit temporarily for that query. For more information, see query limits - limit on memory per iterator. This method, however, isn't recommended. The limits exist to protect the cluster and to make sure that a single query doesn't disrupt concurrent queries running on the cluster.