Discover extensions in the Marketplace
In the Visual Studio Marketplace you can do the following:
- Discover and install extensions for Visual Studio, Azure DevOps Services, Team Foundation Server (TFS), and Visual Studio Code
- Purchase subscriptions for Visual Studio or Xamarin University
This documentation focuses on discovering and installing extensions. Most extensions are available for free. For information on purchasing, see the following:
What are extensions?
An extension is an installable unit that contributes new capabilities into Visual Studio, Azure DevOps Services, Team Foundation Server, or Visual Studio Code. You can find extensions from within these product or from the Visual Studio Marketplace.
Extending Azure DevOps Services is the easiest way for users to get the most out of their devops environment. The Visual Studio Marketplace is home to hundreds of extensions that can be installed to help with the following:
- Planning and tracking of work items, sprints, scrums, etc.
- Build and release flows
- Code testing and tracking
- Collaboration amongst team members
Adding extensions to your Azure DevOps organization is incredibly easy:
- Search and find extensions for your organization in the Visual Studio Marketplace.
- Install the extension from the Marketplace and start using it in Azure DevOps.
You must have administrative permissions to upload or install extensions.
Get or build extensions
|Azure DevOps Services||Get extensions for Azure DevOps Services
Develop extensions for Azure DevOps Services
|Team Foundation Server||Get extensions for TFS
Develop extensions for Team Foundation Server
|Visual Studio||Get extensions for Visual Studio
Develop extensions for Visual Studio
|Visual Studio Code||Get extensions for Visual Studio Code
Develop extensions for Visual Studio Code
There are many free extensions available in the Marketplace, too numerous to list. However, the following extensions are listed as they quickly add a lot of value and are easily installed.
- Work Item Search
- Campfire integration
- Hipchat integration
- Slack integration
- Microsoft Teams integration
Browse the Marketplace to find additional extensions.