DocumentDB APIs and SDKs
DocumentDB .NET Core API and SDK
|API documentation||.NET API reference documentation|
|Samples||.NET code samples|
|Get started||Get started with the DocumentDB .NET Core SDK|
|Web app tutorial||Web application development with DocumentDB|
|Current supported framework||.NET Standard 1.6|
The DocumentDB .NET Core SDK has feature parity with the latest version of the DocumentDB .NET SDK.
The DocumentDB .NET Core SDK is not yet compatible with Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps. If you are interested in the .NET Core SDK that does support UWP apps, send email to email@example.com.
- Added support for aggregation queries (COUNT, MIN, MAX, SUM, and AVG). See Aggregation support.
- Lowered minimum throughput on partitioned collections from 10,100 RU/s to 2500 RU/s.
The DocumentDB .NET Core SDK enables you to build fast, cross-platform ASP.NET Core and .NET Core apps to run on Windows, Mac, and Linux. The latest release of the DocumentDB .NET Core SDK is fully Xamarin compatible and be used to build applications that target iOS, Android, and Mono (Linux).
The DocumentDB .NET Core Preview SDK has feature parity with the latest version of the DocumentDB .NET SDK and supports the following:
- All connection modes: Gateway mode, Direct TCP, and Direct HTTPs.
- All consistency levels: Strong, Session, Bounded Staleness, and Eventual.
- Partitioned collections.
- Multi-region database accounts and geo-replication.
Release & Retirement Dates
|Version||Release Date||Retirement Date|
|1.1.0||February 16, 2017||---|
|1.0.0||December 21, 2016||---|
|0.1.0-preview||November 15, 2016||December 31, 2016|
To learn more about DocumentDB, see Microsoft Azure DocumentDB service page.