Create a Power BI app offer
This article describes how to create a Power BI app offer. All offers go through our certification process, which checks your solution for standard requirements, compatibility, and proper practices.
Before you start, create a commercial marketplace account in Partner Center and ensure it is enrolled in the commercial marketplace program.
Before you begin
Review Plan a Power BI offer. It will explain the technical requirements for this offer and list the information and assets you’ll need when you create it.
Create a new offer
The Partner Center workspaces view gives you a more efficient and productive user experience through logically grouped workspaces. To learn more about the workspaces view and how to turn it on, see Getting around Partner Center.
Sign in to Partner Center.
On the Home page, select the Marketplace offers tile.
On the Marketplace offers page, select + New offer > Power BI app.
After an offer is published, any edits you make to it in Partner Center appear on Microsoft AppSource only after you republish the offer. Be sure to always republish an offer after changing it.
If Power BI App isn't shown or enabled, your account doesn't have permission to create this offer type. Please check that you've met all the requirements for this offer type, including registering for a developer account.
Enter an Offer ID. This is a unique identifier for each offer in your account.
- This ID is visible to customers in the web address for the offer and in Azure Resource Manager templates, if applicable.
- Use only lowercase letters and numbers. The ID can include hyphens and underscores, but no spaces, and is limited to 50 characters. For example, if your Publisher ID is
testpublisheridand you enter test-offer-1, the offer web address will be
- The Offer ID can't be changed after you select Create.
Enter an Offer alias. This is the name used for the offer in Partner Center.
- This name isn't used on AppSource. It is different from the offer name and other values shown to customers.
- This name can't be changed after you select Create.
Select Create to generate the offer. Partner Center opens the Offer setup page.
Enter a descriptive name that we'll use to refer to this offer solely within Partner Center. The offer alias (pre-populated with what you entered when you created the offer) won't be used in the marketplace and is different than the offer name shown to customers. If you want to update the offer name later, see the Offer listing page.
This section is blank and not applicable to Power BI apps.
When you're publishing an offer to the commercial marketplace with Partner Center, connect it to your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. This lets you receive customer contact information as soon as someone expresses interest in or uses your product. Connecting to a CRM is required if you want to enable a test drive (see the preceding section). Otherwise, connecting to a CRM is optional.
Under Customer leads, select the Connect link.
In the Connection details dialog box, select a lead destination.
Complete the fields that appear. For detailed steps, see the following articles:
- Configure your offer to send leads to the Azure table
- Configure your offer to send leads to Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (formerly Dynamics CRM Online)
- Configure your offer to send leads to HTTPS endpoint
- Configure your offer to send leads to Marketo
- Configure your offer to send leads to Salesforce
To validate the configuration you provided, select the Validate link.
For more information, see Customer leads from your commercial marketplace offer.
Select Save draft before continuing to the next tab in the left-nav menu, Properties.