Set up Azure Quantum
Learn how to set up Azure Quantum to develop quantum computing and optimization applications in your environment.
Select your platform
You can use the Quantum Development Kit (QDK) to develop quantum computing and optimization applications using the Azure Quantum service, or to develop quantum computing applications locally using a variety of environments.
The QDK consists of:
- The Q# programming language
- A set of libraries that abstract complex functionality in Q#
- APIs for Python and .NET languages (C#, F#, and VB.NET) for running quantum programs written in Q#
- A Python SDK to use optimization solvers on Azure Quantum
- Tools to facilitate your development
Set up the Azure Quantum service
With the Azure Quantum service, you can use the Azure Quantum python SDK to solve optimization problems using solvers from Microsoft and other providers, or use Q# to develop quantum computing applications and run them on quantum hardware from our partner providers.
To set up optimization, follow the steps in the Optimization quickstart.
To set up quantum computing, follow the steps in the Quantum computing quickstart.